We are Open for
Please contact the clinic on 0161 790 1135 or
by email at email@example.com
to arrange your free telephone assessment prior to any
Face-to-Face physiotherapy treatment sessions.
Please Note: Patients will not be allowed to enter the clinic without an appointment
In order to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID -19 to our patients and staff we have introduced many measures and are following the guidelines of our professional body, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
At present, we are required to carry out a assessment by telephone (free of charge) in order for our physiotherapists to establish if there is a clinical need for ‘hands on’ treatment prior to coming into the clinic. During the assessment, your physiotherapist will make a joint decision with you as to whether to proceed with a face to face or video appointment.
Safety Measures At The Clinic
We have carried out a Risk Assessment and implemented new procedures for working practices, PPE, cleaning and hand hygiene. The following measures are in place to reduce the risk to our patients, staff and to public health.
- Patients will be COVID-19 screened prior to and again on entry to the clinic.
- Information and guidelines regarding your face-to-face appointment will be emailed to you ahead of any appointment.
- Hand hygiene policy on arrival and departure from the clinic.
- Appointments will be spaced appropriately to enable the physiotherapist to have time to change PPE, disinfect all surfaces and to maintain social distancing between patients.
- Perspex screening in our reception area.
- Patient should arrive by car where possible and not enter the clinic until their appointment time. Patients who arrive by foot should arrive no more than 5mins before their appointment time and may wait in our designated waiting area.
- The physiotherapists will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, apron, face mask and face visor.
- Patients will be asked to wear a face mask or may purchase one from the clinic for £1.00
- Patients must attend on their own unless a guardian, carer or chaperone is required. If so this person must also be COVID-19 screened prior to and on arrival at the clinic. Family members will not be permitted to stay in the waiting area.
- We will limit the use and exchange of paper with patients where possible by using email.
- Payments will be by credit/debit card or bank transfer only.
- Patients will be asked to sign a screening declaration and agree to their commitment to notify the clinic if they develop any COVID-19 symptoms in the two weeks following their face-to-face appointment. This will also apply to guardians, carers or chaperones attending with a patient.
We have done everything we can to reduce the risk of our patients and staff contracting COVID-19. However, if you come for face-to-face treatment please be aware that there is no way we can completely eliminate the risk of you contracting COVID-19.
Please do not come to the clinic unless you have an appointment or if you or one of your household has been ill in the last two weeks with the following symptoms of COVID-19 . Including, but not exclusively:
- Fever over 38°C.
- New persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Change or loss of taste/smell
Directors / Senior Physiotherapist